This spectacularly immersive 9.4.5 home theatre system by Audio Excellence features products from GoldenEar Technology, Emotiva Audio, Marantz, SVS, IsoTek Systems, and Supra Cables. Five powered subs, four overhead speakers, four side and two back speakers in a large room translates to a super realistic 360 degree sound field, solid impactful bass, scale, and a very happy client.
- Magico S3 speakers in pearl white.
- Constellation Argo integrated amplifier
- Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6 – Digital streamer
- Cambridge Audio 752BD – Universal disc player
- Supra Sword speaker and interlinking cables
- Crestron control
- Furman power conditioner
- The client’s relationship with Audio Excellence goes back more than 20 years.
- More than happy with his previous system of Duntech speakers and Conrad Johnson amplification.
- A complete remodelling of his apartment brought him back into our store to look at simply updating his system to accommodate HD.
- As we do, we played him something he didn’t specially ask for. A system consisting of Magico speakers and Constellation amplification. He was astonished by the extent to which music reproduction has advanced in the last 10 years. And so the process began.
- The first challenge was to relocate system position which would allow the potential of the Magico S3 speakers to shine. The previous configuration had the speakers in free space. With the remodelling of the apartment, a major decision was made to swing the room 180 degrees and have a sliding door removed and bricked up.
- Cabinet was painstakingly designed by the client and tweaked with input from ourselves.
- Initially, all the electronics where to be hidden. We recommend that the gorgeous metalwork of the Constellation amplifier should be on show. This now sits centrally in the cabinet on two metal supports which creates the illusion of it floating. It also aids ventilation from top to bottom.
- Limited space – Speaker’s feet slide under the cabinet.
- Finish matched to pearl white of speakers.
- Curves of speakers reflected in the cabinet.
- Not only has the performance of equipment improved, so has functionality and ease of use.
- CD collection stored uncompressed on NAS streamed through Cambridge Audio.
- Universal disc player has HDMI in which accepts signal from HD decoder to make use of its better DACS and facilitate switching.
- A basic Crestron system makes the system a breeze to use. Although the client still keeps the Constellations impressive remote handy.
- The biggest compliment to the system is that the client says he listens to more music than ever before with large portions of a weekend now devoted to music.
- The system proves that high-performance audio can be integrated into a home.
- Sound is incredibly musical, none fatiguing, detailed and a real treat to listen to.
A very special pure stereo system – Magico A3 speakers, Conrad-Johnson tube amplification throughout, Linn LP12 turntable, Lumin network player, Supra cabling, and Bluehorizon equipment stand.
Recent Audio Excellence home theatre installation of B&W CM series speakers, Yamaha AV processor, 5 x 200W Rotel power amplifier, JL audio subwoofer, Isotek power conditioner, and Supra cables.
Client is thrilled with the results and couldn’t stop grinning during his favourite movie! (Clapton also rocked!)
Next stop: Bigger picture to make it a true home theatre. Watch this space